Friday, 6 April 2018
Australian Tourist Park Management’s (ATPM) management partnership with RAC has expanded to seven parks with the announcement of RAC’s acquisition of eco-style Wharncliffe Mill Bush Retreat which has been renamed RAC Margaret River Nature Park to promote its unique location in the heart of the Margaret River Region.
Australia’s leading holiday park management company ATPM, which is owned by the NRMA, owns and manages close to 40 parks around Australia. Acquired by the NRMA in June 2017, CEO of ATPM/NRMA Parks and Resorts Paul Davies said the addition of the Margaret River property, in the heart of Western Australia’s best known food, wine and adventure region, fits well with the company’s strategy to grow tourism in regional Australia. “ATPM is dedicated to providing guests with exceptional holiday experiences through combining fantastic locations, great hospitality and excellent facilities. This philosophy applies both for our client park owners and our own properties,” said Mr Davies.
RAC Executive General Manager Brand and Tourism, Tony Pickworth, said the new acquisition would give RAC members and other guests a relaxing and authentic South West bushland experience.
“Located among the tall timber of the Wooditjup National Park (formerly Bramley), the park provides guests with a nature based holiday, displaying the unique beauty of the Margaret River region,” Mr Pickworth said.
“RAC Margaret River Nature Park includes cabins, safari tents, dorm rooms and powered caravan and camp sites, giving guests a range of ways to tailor their experience.”
The park joins other iconic WA locations in the RAC Parks and Resorts family, including RAC Exmouth Cape Holiday Park, RAC Monkey Mia Dolphin Resort, RAC Cervantes Holiday Park, RAC Busselton Holiday Park, RAC Karri Valley Resort and the Ningaloo Reef Resort in Coral Bay.
“Whilst our parks and resorts welcome guests from all over the world, they are designed to encourage Western Australians to holiday in their own backyard offering value for money experiences in WA’s most popular tourism destinations,” Mr Pickworth said.
NRMA, and other motoring club members receive discounts on stays, with RAC members receiving up to 20 per cent. Guests will also soon be able to use RAC’s new ‘lay-by’ system to book their holiday and pay it off in instalments.
About the property:
- Surrounded by a myriad of walking and bike trails, just two kilometres from the Margaret River town centre, it offers a beautiful nature based eco-experience with a range of attractions and activities on its doorstep.
- It offers shady well-spaced powered campsites and caravan sites amongst the trees, spacious cabins, a large four room eco-lodge, dorm rooms and basic safari tents.
- The park activities include: bike riding, bush walking, mountain biking, adventure playground and is a short 11kms drive from the beach at Prevelly.
- RAC Margaret River Nature Park can cater for large groups and is perfect for school camps, sporting groups and clubs.
- Located 2km north of Margaret River town centre. Margaret River is 270km, or 3 hour drive south of Perth.
Ready to go? Head online to RAC Margaret River NAture Parks’ website.